Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Wondering Eye


Today I went to IRIS on West Pender and Howe Street for my eye check up.


After paying my $95 to have the eye examination, I'm proud to say that my eye site has not changed in over 4 years now. WOOHOO.


The optometrist started to talk to me about eye surgery to correct my eyes and he thought it wouldn't be necessary since the prescription wasn't that high and I probably wouldn't notice much of a difference in the long run. We then started talking about contact lenses, which I wear on occasion, and let him know that sometimes my eyes get very dry when I wear then. He suggested the Acuvue Oasys (TM) and said that they probably had a trial pair I could try.


Little did I know that when they transferred me to the Optician they wanted to charge me $50 to fit my eyes. I questioned why they would need to "fit" my eyes and her comment was "they are of different material". As far as I was aware I have never been fitted for contacts, and I'm an occasional wearer of them. Needless to say I said "no". Not only will i go elsewhere where they will not have to "fit" my eyes, but I think I will go elsewhere to have my eyes examined next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home