Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Damn Those Mites and Other Fun Bits

I took Junior to the vet on Saturday to get his booster shots (2nd shots, one more to go) and during the examination we found out that Junior has ear mites. The symptoms have been there for a few days now, he scratches his ears alot, shakes his head. So now I have to give my lovely boy some ear drops once a day for the next 2 weeks. He's pretty good at taking them actually, he seems to know that this is going to help him in the long run.

I also went out to dinner with Andrea and Theresa on Saturday night to the Atlantic Trap and Grill. This is a bar with very "East Coast" feel, alot of music, alot of drinking and alot of partying. They usually have bands playing on Thursday and Saturday nights and you can check out their April Calendar on the following link. We had some good grub and I stayed to watch a bit of the band (Pearl Jim) who I would categorize as a fusion jazz/funk/celtic band.

Also on Saturday and Sunday Russ and I started our spring clean frenzy. We tackled the deck and started removing all the dead plants and just some general cleaning. We bought some new planters that stand 3 feet high and had a hell of a time trying to figure out if we should just add soil to part of the container or the whole thing. We ended up just adding gravel to 1/3 of it and then dirt to the rest. Now with such a small deck (8x8) I was thinking it wouldn't take so long, but it is still not finished and I still need to remove some plants from the window boxes and decided what plants to put there this season. Boy I've become a gardener, but not like many, I do not find it relaxing at all! I enjoy the finish product and don't like the journey to it. But that is just me. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home