Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mom's Surgery

Today my mom is going through an Angioplasty [wiki]. Though this procedure is fairly regular and few risks, one has to remember that is a heart procedure none-the-less.

My prayers are with my mom as she goes through this procedure and I know the recovery will take sometime.

This wonderful Youtube.com video shows the procedure. My sister Maria tells me it will only take about an hour and then they will observer her for 4 hours afterwards.




UPDATE: Looks like she won't be going through this procedure after all. The doctors have told my mom that upon reviewing the case, it will probably do more harm than good. She has to go through a stress test and see. There some blockage in her artery but they say it doesn't suffice to do this procedure as they can probably treat it with medication. PHEW!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home