Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Holy Assessment Batman!

Last night I arrived home to find our British Columbia Assessment form in the mail. I was happy to know that our property has gone up in value, over 25% from the last assessment a year ago. Now this of course is happy news for anyone who is trying to sell their place, but on the downside this is also used by the Municipal Governments for their taxes. All I know is that there better not be a raise in the Municipal Governments salaries next year. I would hope that the city of Vancouver would use the money wisely if not give their citizens a tax break (wishful thinking I know).

Vancouver has now become one of the most expensive cities to live in. Yet people keep coming and buying property here. I have no idea how they are doing it. Let us hope the bubble doesn't burst anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home