Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Friday, December 01, 2006

DVD Beef!

So I've been noticing for sometime now that when movies are released on DVD they are released in 2 different formats. One just contains the movie alone and another version has the movie plus an extra DVD full of little extras (known as the Deluxe Version). Now I remember a few years back when the "deluxe" version was the only version that would be released. Is the way that the movie studios are gaining extra cash? Especially with the difference in the cost of the 2 versions. I myself prefer to buy the deluxe versions, but if the price keeps staying this high, I might have to revert back to just the movie version by itself.

2 Comments:

At 3:13 a.m. , Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

It is indeed getting ridiculous, and is becoming more and more clearly just a big scam ... I usually buy the deluxe editions, too, but I've been paying more attention lately to make sure the extras make it worth the extra moolah

 
At 9:23 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... HEY!

You got mentioned by Chip on the ROTR blog on CBS! I can't believe you didn't tell me!

I'm reading along and... there you were!!!!!!! How cool is that? You rule!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home