Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Have Clothes Shrunk?!

Ok I'll admit it, I'm a big boy. Some would say overweight (mom, dad, neices and nephews), but hey it's me. Lately I've been trying to update my wardrobe abit and I'm having the worst time finding clothes.

When I was in Paris, it was difficult to say the least to find something that would fit me. For example I was looking at this great shirt and the size on it said "XXL". I thought to myself, self, this should fit. When I picked it up I was surprised to see how tiny it was. I don't even think it was a SMALL. What is going on in this world when you can't buy something fashionable unless you are skinny!

When I was in Chicago, I thought to myself, self, this would be the perfect place to buy some clothes as I'm sure the clothes are geared to a North American clientale. Well I was again shocked to see that clothes don't fit the normal person there. Are we going for an Asian Market here (sorry to all my Asian friends).

I know some of you would start to say, well maybe you should be working out, but I started thinking what about all those bodybuilders out there, are they having the same problem? Isn't there any stylish clothes out there for us big folk? Considering 50% of Canadians and over 60% of Americans are overweight, wouldn't it be wise to tap into this market? I want fashionable clothes, not huge t-shirts or aweful Paul Bonyan shirts.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 p.m. , Blogger Miss 604 said...

clothing sizing are SO messed up. for example:

a) Le Chateau I have a pair of pants from about 5 years ago size 2 that fit me perfectly

b) RW & Co, I barely fit into a size 9 pant.

c) Victoria's Secret, panty size XS is too big for me (i know you wanted to know that)

d) I wish I had money to clothes shop or at least settle on something that kinda fit okay and then could just alter it (as suggested by What not to Wear on TLC hehe)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home