Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Where is the Customer Service?!

Ok I work in Customer Service, granted not in retail sector anymore, but I can understand working on the other side of things.

Lately I've been having the worst luck with people that work behind the counters. I don't know what it is, are they having a bad day, am I too nice, I don't know. I have been trying to get something resolved from Restoration Hardware (I'm not even going to link to their website here) for the past 5 weeks!!

I had purchased a shelving unit from them back in December and a few months ago one of the attachments broke off. Well a week before I took off to Paris I stopped in there to see if there is something they can do. A counter person was great, and helped me with my concerns, took my name down, etc and said they would order a new piece for me. Well when I got back from Paris I still didn't hear back from them.

So about a week ago I returned to the store and they had no record of taking any of my information down. The lady there at least was able to come back with a print out of my original order and said she would call me back later that day. Well I never heard back from her that day. A few days later I called to inquire what was going on, having my name being taken down yet again. Well to my surprise no one called me back.

Now I'm back from Chicago and my patience has run to an end. I call and quickly asked to speak to a Manager. I was first told by a girl that she would take my name down and they would call me back. At that point I said "Listen, everytime I give you my number, no one calls" She quickly got a Manager. To my surprise the Manager was the lady I dealt with 2 weeks ago. I let her have it! I had enough.

To end this long winded story I'm getting a new shelve sent to me. It seems you have to be a bastard to get things done around lately. What ever happened to be being nice to get things done. I think I'm going to develop this strategy a little more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home