Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Paris - Day 1


WOW finally here in Paris!

Had a short delay in Vancouver on our way to Toronto to join our flight to Paris. Overall the flights were very comfortable. we managed to at least get some sleep and felt alittle rested when we landed in Charles de Gaulle International Airport. Interesting note, you don't have to grab your luggage before customs here. I thought that was interesting. Granted after having to fight our way through to our luggage carousel from what felt must have been a flight from somewhere in Africa where they were bringing anything and everything back (some I swear were rotting).

After a short delay there, we were on our way to our condo and it was a interesting ride. I manage to get a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower (which we will venture to sometime during our stay). We arrived in the condo only to find the cleaning person still cleaning the place. I was so hoping to just jump in the shower and relax, alas we just ventured out and did some grocery shopping. Europeans have such a way of shopping :)

Well we finally finished and headed back to shower. AHHH a shower after a 14 hour trip was well worth it. We got ready and headed out again.

We walked around the Marais District. WOW the architecture here is amazing. I couldn't get enough of it. We walked down to Ile Saint-Louis and then to Notre Dame Cathedral. Such an amazing place. I was blown away by the gothic look of it all. I'll have pictures posted on my flickr page soon enough.

We ended up walking back to the condo but we pasted by some interesting shops and the Hotel De Ville. PHEW so much in so little time.

Tomorrow we tend to head to the Louvre museum as supposedly it is free on the first Sunday of every month.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 a.m. , Blogger Miss 604 said...

Wowsa! Your flickr pics are awssome (but you have comments off :p) hehe glad you're having a good time so far, have fun guys! :)

 
At 3:22 p.m. , Blogger Gus said...

I can't remember how to turn them on. I'll figure it out. And the pics are just for 2 days! Tomorrow is the Picasso Musuem, Pere La Chaisse, and possibly the Tour d'Effiel. Pictures to come!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home