Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Movie Review - "The Illusionist"

So Russ and myself went to the movies on Saturday to watch "The Illusionist"

Now this movie is set in Vienna at the beginning of the 19th Century. Very visual and stunning cenimatography really makes this film. The acting is enjoyable, but for the most part very slow moving. Now I can't remember the movie critics name, but he said the movie is a combination of the "Usual Suspects", though one suspect, a love story and a period piece. Definitely has a "oh my gosh" moment at the end, though very predictable I thought.

Ed Norton as Essenhiem could have been better in the roll, but was enjoyable to watch. Jessica Biel as the Prince's intended Sophie von Teshcen I thought "why is she in this?" She sorta reminds me of Wynona Rider in Dracula. Paul Giamatti was the most enjoyable to watch as the struggling Chief Inspector Uhl followed by the ruthless Rufus Sewell as the crown Prince Leoplad.


I won't get into more details about the movie as you can find that on its website. Still overall a very enjoyable movie for getting away from the world for 2 hours!

My only concern was they previewed "The Prestige" just before the movie which looks ALOT better than The Illusionist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home