Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Where is Mars?

Ok so for over a week I've been trying to get a glimpse of Mars as it was mentioned at the beginning of the month in a news report.

"This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an
encounter that will culminate in the closest approach
between the two planets in recorded history. The next
time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way
Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit,
astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come
this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be
as long as 60,000 years before it happens again."

So last night I was looking into the sky and since I couldn't find it, nor have I heard anything new on this in the news I thought would find out what is going on.

Well to my surprise, this is HOAX. Supposedly there was an email going around, something similar to what went on in 2003. DAMN I guess I should have known it wasn't true. Afterall how could Mars look like a FULL MOON? That would make it WAY too close for comfort! Oh well "fool me once" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home