Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Puerto Vallarta 2008 in Review


It has only been a few short days that Russ and I have returned back from Puerto Vallarta, which now seems to be our annual trip south.

Though this was a shorter visit for me then expected, I still managed to get to points around Puerto Vallarta I thought I wouldn't get to. This time around Russ and myself ventured to the Gringo Gulch area of Puerto Vallarta famous for Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's home (Casa Kimberley and Casa Burton). This was the house that Richard Burton bought for Liz when he was filming "Night of the Iguana" back in '63.

Now websites say that Casa Kimberley [link] is now a bed and breakfast, but alas this can't be further from the truth. It is currently not occupied, falling apart, and no one lives there. I can say this because Russ and I actually paid a care-taker some money ($5) to get in and walk around. I have to say that the views were spectacular and was surprise to know that we could see the home from our balcony back at the condo.

The weather in Puerto Vallarta was definitely cooler than normal. I was surprised that at night time we had to actually bundle up and I had to wear a jacket.

This has been a strange month for them. Even the tourists weren't as many as years past. With that said, the construction of new buildings and condos in the old section are huge. I do hope that they don't build too much as the charm of the old section will be lost.

All and all a good trip and was able to connect with some old friends and meet some new ones as well. Hopefully we'll see them all again next year. :)

You can find more pictures of the trip on my flickr [link] page
UPDATE: Looks like my blog was picked up on Tourist Network [link] and translated into German. I'm not sure if it's a compliment or not.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home