Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Monday, March 19, 2007

We are all Adjusting

Well it is now a week that Junior has joined our little "clan" and the adjustment is coming along fine for all of us involved. I definitely forgot how demanding it is to have a puppy around. You have to constantly keep an eye out on him so he doesn't do "his business" and you have to make sure as he investigates his surroundings he doesn't get into any area that he is not suppose to be.

Junior also had his first vet visit with me on Saturday. I was surprised to find out that Junior isn't as young as we thought he was. By the vet's assessment, Junior is more like 4 - 5 months old as he is already getting his adult teeth. This was alittle shocking as I thought I was getting an 8 week old puppy. Not that this really matters as he is so LOVED now it would be heartbreaking to have him "exchanged".

The good news with this all is that he is in great health, didn't whimper at all when the vet gave him one of his shots. Also this now allows us to be alittle more "aggressive" in our potty training.

I've decided to use the Crate Method as it is more beneficial to all parties involved. Basically he is in his crate at night, or when we need to be away from the house. This will allow him to get use to not going potty where he sleeps. Upon letting him out of the crate (his "room") we immediately take him outside. He has been doing great these past couple of days on this method, only 2 accidents.

I'll try to post about other things, but for right now, it's fun being a "parent" even if it is to a puppy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:07 a.m. , Blogger And said...

When do I get to meet him!???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home