Gus Digital

Just a place where I can give my opinions about Vancouver life and beyond.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Physical

Today I underwent the dreaded “Yearly Physical”. Though surprisingly enough it has been over 6 years since I’ve had one. Bad Gus I know. Well I have been feeling alittle under the weather lately and alittle sluggish to say the least that I thought it was time to go in for that physical.

My Doctor is a very “to the point” kind of doctor and I admire that. The first thing he did ask me was how old I was. When I let him know I was 38, he said “well you have 2 more years before we have to do that lovely rectal exam” I thought that was very funny of him to say and it helped the rest of the physical to go smoothly. Well for the most part.

He took my blood pressure and wasn’t too happy with the results since my pressure was high (150/90). He said normal should have been around (145/85). Hey I don’t think that is too high above what he expected, but hey I’m not a doctor. Though with the stress of work lately I’m not too surprised to see my blood pressure higher than normal. Anyways he had me go through the usual blood work and I should find out, amongst other things, cholesterol levels, lipids, glucose levels (to check for diabetes). Of course he’ll check my blood pressure again and see if it was just a “white coat syndrome”.

Hopefully all will be fine and some life style changes will have to be in order.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home